To celebrate the release of World View, the very ambitious Hip-Hop project (See below), rapper Awkword released for free a bonus disc of cuts not on the album. The bonus disc follows retail projects formula, putting international artists from multiple countries together. The result is refreshing, so many hands in a project could be cause for continuity troubles, but not here. The contributors include but are not limited to AWOL One, Joell Ortiz, Josh Martinez, MarQ Spekt, Pace Won, Poison Pen, Rickie Jacobs, Sean Price, SHIRT, Slug (of Atmosphere), The Kid Daytona and Vast Aire. Even with a cast of heavy hitters like this, Awkword more than holds his own. Once you download the bonus disc click on the links below and pick up the retail album and make a donation to Guns 4 Cameras with your purchase. Enjoy.
Some information on the World View project below.
World View is the First-Ever 100% For-Charity Global Hip Hop Project, sponsored by DJBooth.net and The Morgan Stanley Foundation. Featuring contributions from SIX (6) Continents and SIXTEEN (16) Countries, showcasing our interconnectedness created through Hip Hop culture and rap music, the album has been critically acclaimed and called “monumental” (Prefix Mag) and “a work of art” (The Source). ALL proceeds from World View are being donated to Guns 4 Cameras, a 501c3 nonprofit that goes beyond the gun exchange, working to eradicate street violence through the Hip Hop-inspired education and empowerment of the youth in our communities.
WORLD VIEW Tracklist:
01. “Gas Land (Frack Off)” ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics]
02. “Throw Away The Key” [prod. by L.Ment (Canada)]
03. “Bars & Hooks” ft. Sean Price, The Kid Daytona & The Incomparable Shakespeare [prod. by Harry Fraud]
04. “Penny” [prod. by Dismas (Romania)]
05. “The People’s Champions” ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq, Punchline & Beretta 9 (of Killarmy) [prod. by Harry Fraud]
06. “Got Class?” [prod. by Fresh Nerd]
07. “Notorious” ft. Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze & Capital X (Norway) [prod. by Amin PaYnE (Australia)]
08. “Doctor Doctor” ft. GuessWho? [prod. by MajoR R.E. (Malaysia)]
09. “Requiem” ft. SoulStice, Ess Vee & CuzOH! Black (add. vox by Jay Daniels [Australia] & Mark Deez) [prod. by ATG]
10. “Melting Pot (Made In America)” ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics]
11. “Rape” [prod. by Fafu]
12. “Rap Genius” ft. Chino XL & Perseverance [prod. by The White Shadow (Norway)]
13. “It’s Not Possible” [prod. by Recluse Crew (Finland)]
14. “#AaronSwartz” ft. L*A*W [prod. by Steel Tipped Dove]
15. “The World Is Yours” ft. Sha Stimuli & Viro the Virus [prod. by Dominant1 (Malawi)]
16. “Imperialism” ft. C-Rayz Walz & REKS [prod. by Jonny Lupo (Moldova)]
17. “Radio 2.0″ ft. KRS-One, Dug Infinite, Brimstone127 & Mista Lawnge (of Black Sheep) [prod. by Vice Souletric]
18. “Metal Music” ft. El Gant, ILL BILL, Tenacity & Blame One [prod. by Tranzformer]
19. “Go!” ft. Joell Ortiz, Slug (of Atmosphere) & Maya Azucena [prod. by Domingo]